Ducati Motorcycles. From their first post WW2 bicycle-like low-displacement motorcycles, Ducati has gained prominence in motorcycle racing and in the motorcycle industry. In the 1960s, Ducati earned its place in motorcycling history by producing the then fastest 250 cc road bike available, the Mach 1. In the 1970s Ducati began producing large-displacement L-twin (i.e. a 90° V-twin) motorcycles and in 1973 released an L-twin with the trademarked desmodromic valve design. In 1985, Cagiva bought Ducati but kept the “Ducati” name on its motorcycles. In 1996, Texas Pacific Group bought a 51% stake in the company and in 1998, bought the remaining 49% and became the sole owner of Ducati. In 1999, TPG issued an IPO of Ducati stock and renamed the company Ducati Motor Holding SPA. TPG sold over 65% of its shares in Ducati. In December 2005 Ducati returned to Italian ownership with the sale of Texas Pacific’s stake (minus one share) to Investindustrial Holdings, the investment fund of Carlo and Andrea Bonomi. Ducati rejoined Grand Prix motorcycle racing in 2003, after a 30 year absence. The DucatiMotoGP Team has finished the 2007 testing of the Desmosedici GP8 with World Champion Casey Stoner and his new team mate Marco Melandri. The bike was officially launched in January 2008


Recently Added Ducati Vendors:

USMOTOMAN 10321

USMOTOMAN is a discount motorcycle parts store specializing in customer service for the motorcycle enthusiast. Their online store is stocked with thousands of aftermarket motorcycle…

Vicious Cycle Works 32101

Vicious Cycle Works sells its own Patented Signature Parts and also distribute a very wide range of custom motorcycle parts for most motorcycle brands in…

Mad Duc Ducati Performance Parts 32101

Mad Duc is based in Sun Valley, California, CA. and is one of the premier manufacturers of Ducati Performance Parts. They specialize in state of…

Cyril Huze Blog - World's Number One Source For Custom Motorcycle News